Welcome to the Sky Project

Based in Bristol, we provide training and support to a range of professionals, communities, schools, universities, professional bodies and any other relevant group on the issues of forced marriage and honour based violence.

Forced Marriage is a criminal offence. If you or someone you know is being forced to marry in the UK or abroad, please contact the Forced Marriage Unit on 0207-0080151. If that person is in immediate danger, please contact the police.


SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER


Recent News

  • Forced Marriage & ‘Honour’ Based Abuse conference

    Forced Marriage & ‘Honour’ Based Abuse conference

    The Sky Project are holding a conference on 18th November 2021 to celebrate ten years of existence. They will be joined with some fantastic speakers. An early bird and group discount is available. To book, please use the Eventbrite link
  • BBC Radio Bristol Interview

    BBC Radio Bristol Interview

    Sabeena Pirooz (Sky Project Director) and Zara Liedl (Sky Project volunteer) joined Laura Rawlings for a 50 mins session to discuss project’s vital work with some great chosen tunes.
  • South West Business & Community Award Finalists

    South West Business & Community Award Finalists

    The Sky Project were ecstatic to have been shortlisted for ‘Charity of the Year’ at the South West Business and Community Awards. It was a fantastic night and even better when we were finalists! Congratulations to the entire team.
  • International Women’s Day

    International Women’s Day

    The Sky Project took a stand for women and girls on International Women’s Day, that is, their basic human right to marry on their own terms. Due to the pandemic, it is estimated that there could be an additional 13
  • The Sky Project Newsletter – December 2020

    The Sky Project Newsletter – December 2020

    Happy New Year from all The Sky Project Team! 2020 has certainly been a difficult and challenging year for most of us, but particularly victims of Forced Marriage and ‘Honour’ Based Abuse. Please click here to read the our latest

Take Action

First Steps In All Cases See them immediately in a secure and private place where the conversation cannot be overheard Recognise and respect their wishes; maintain and reassure them about confidentiality If the young person is under 18 years of

Case Studies

Narina “I felt that I had no option. Oncethey had taken me out of the country there was nothing I could do. I had no contact with anyone but the family. My mother was caught between my feelings and the

Training

Awareness of, and education into the issues and difficulties faced by victims of forced marriage and so called honour based violence are key foundations to effective service provision. In association with the Forced Marriage Unit, we aim to provide an

SUPPORT OUR WORK

Your donations help us to make a difference.

DONATE NOW

Testimonials

The Sky Project gave an engaging and detailed presentation at a recent conference we hosted about the hidden issues of domestic abuse. The warmth and passion they brought to a complex and challenging subject area had the audience gripped. The knowledge and understanding of Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence the Sky Project have is enlightening, informative and invaluable to raise awareness and impact on the safety and freedom of people within Bristol and the UK at risk of forced marriage. Thank you so much.

Kim Hometruths, Swindon

In 2016/2017, NBT Midwifery Safeguarding Team undertook five specialist domestic abuse training days, which recorded over 180 midwives, doctors and maternity care assistants attending for Level 3 Safeguard Training. The Safeguard Team were very grateful to have the Sky Project (Sabeena) presenting at the training. This gave the participants an introduction to Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence, the referral system and the knowledge of who can support the community midwives if they have concerns around this issue. On evaluation of the training, 90% of the participants noted that they ‘strongly agreed’ that this training had been beneficial to their knowledge (with the other 10% ‘agreeing’ also). We very much value multi-agency working with agencies such as the Sky Project in order to provide the midwives supporting these vulnerable clients, the knowledge, confidence and skills to support women who may be suffering domestic abuse. Thank you Sky Project for your excellent input and for supporting the training of our midwives and doctors.

Nicola Hennighan Safeguarding Support Midwife